Thursday 7 May 2009

In the beginning......


I am near the big FiveO, worked hard for 30 years in "service" and always looking for new challenges to fill my waking hours. I love classic cars and bikes and seeing the ad in the Sunday Times with the Royal Enfield really struck a chord. "I'm doing that" I immediately said to my long suffering wife Carole. Well used to my crazy schemes by now over the years she knew I meant it. We had loved our trip to Cambodia to see our volunteering daughter Gemma - the people, the scenery, the experience. I saw Enduro India as a chance to combine raising money for good causes, seeing India and riding a classic bike for two whole weeks!

The challenge - Enduro India 2010 - is to ride “Dusk-to-Dawn” on 1950's style Royal Enfield Bullet motorcycles across some of the most demanding terrain in Southern India - finishing in Cochin two weeks and 2,000 miles later.

Charity fundraising is the fundemental part of Enduro India 2010 and I have only six months to raise a minimum of £4750! That is why I need your help!

Please support me now - email me at johnsinnerton@btinternet.com and I will tell you how to do it! Many thanks in advance for your contribution!

So far Enduro India have helped raise £½m for UNICEF, Rainbow Tust Childrens Charity and The Wildlife Conservation Society and in total have raised more than £2m for various causes.

1 comment:

  1. Hi John,
    Like the blog, I've just set up mine but haven't yet figured out some of the quirks. I'm trying to organise a biker event in my area to help raise cash. It's early days yet so I won't say too much til I see how it pans out! Anyway, I'm coming with you on the trip and can't wait. I have been reading some blogs and noticed that not many people post comments, which is a shame coz it's nice to get feed back.Good luck with your efforts and keep it up. If you don't find me before Jan 24th I'll see you there! Regards, Coops.

    ReplyDelete